The Czech Republic is a land locked country in Europe that is home is a diverse array of art, music and beautiful architecture. Tourists are welcome with open arms, and are encouraged to make the most of their trip by visiting special locales and events. Below is a list of the most alluring activities and locales in the Czech Republic.
1. Prague Zoo. Prague is the capital city of the Czech Republic, and is home to a plethora of engaging establishments. The Prague Zoo is considered to be one of the finest zoos in Europe. There are many engaging exhibits for adults and children alike, and the zoo takes part in conservation programs that protect our precious creatures.
2. Olomouc. Located in the province of Moravia, this classical city is infused with nostalgic charm and vitality. You can witness the intricate craftsmanship of the Wenceslas Cathedral, as well as the many lovely fountains that sprawl across the cityscape.
3. Fantasy and Folklore. The Czech Republic is steeped in the traditions and heritage of Bohemia. If you venture into remote villages and paths lesser known by tourists, you’re bound to feel as though you’ve been transported back in time to a world of sprites and medieval ceremonies.
4. Prague Castle. If you’ve always dreamed of exploring the grandiose architecture of an ancient castle, look no further. This epic fortress features many distinct sites to visit and explore, including the old Royal Palace, which is steeped in historical splendor and mystique. Bring your family and friends for a day of enchantment.
5. Scenic Vistas. When you’re not perusing cities and towns, be sure to take in the lush natural environment that’s free of the smog and pollution of other industrialized nations.
6. Witch Hunt. Don’t worry, you won’t be burning and pursuing actual witches. On Witches Night, you can take part in an event where you light bonfires to ward off evil spirits. Witches Night is a holiday that also marks the end of a frigid winter and its transition into a dewy spring.
7. A Pint of Ale. The beer in the Czech Republic is commonly regarded as the best in the world by locals. If you’re a connoisseur of frothy mugs, don’t forget to visit a pub or brewery.
8. Art Scene. The most beautiful cities in Czech are home to an abundance of classical art, while modern pieces and exhibits are constantly cropping up as well, such as within DOX, an art center recently opened in Prague.
9. Swimming. While there’s no ocean front, there are areas where visitors can raft, swim and lounge in crystal waters.
10. Bungee Jumping. If you’ve never had a zeal for thrill seeking, now may be the time to start challenging your body and spirit. Visitors to the Zvikovské podhrad are encouraged to go for a dive right off the bridge! You’ll also have to book in advance. Believe it or not, there are many people lining up to dive off this beautiful landmark.
11. Chow Down. If you’re ever feeling bored, just explore the rich array of eateries that span the country. You’re sure to find new and intriguing dishes that tantalize your taste buds, and some restaurants and clubs offer as much entertainment as nourishment.
So book your flight online, today. You can also find flights to Amsterdam from Czech, to continue your adventure.